Saturday, November 21, 2009

Levi's Heart Surgery

Hello Family,
It's been a long time since I've posted. Thought I would share what's been going on with us the past couple of weeks (and grandma keeps asking me if I've blogged about this yet!).
November 10th we took Levi in for reparative heart surgery. In simple terms he had one large hole and one small hole patched and one valve repaired. Everything went remarkably well and he is now home, happy and on his way to a long healthy life. This surgery should be the only one he will need throughout his life.

This is Levi about an hour before the surgery. Isn't he cute in his hospital pjs?

Levi right after the surgery. I was expecting him to look a lot worse, so I was actually pleasantly surprised. The doctor told me he would be on a ventilator and very swollen. Turns out Levi did so well during the surgery he was able to be taken off of the ventilator in the operating room.

This is Levi with his surgeon, Dr. Kaza. I have great respect for this man. He is an amazing surgeon and person. When he told us he would take good care of Levi, he really meant it. I think you can tell within the first couple of minutes of visiting with a doctor if they really care about the patient. Dr. Kaza really does care!
This is as close to smiling as Levi came for two days. He was so mad at whoever's decision it was to put him through the pain. He would just glare at whoever was there, which is SO out of character for him. But, isn't he cute. I think he will be a doctor someday, he really does have a fascination for all things medical:)

This is Levi the day he was discharged. Back to all smiles. He really is recovering remarkable fast.
I've said it before, but Thank You again for all of your love, support, prayers and concern. I really do have the best family a girl could ask for!


No comments:

Post a Comment